CHURCHES TO OPEN
WARM WELCOME TO ALL PARISHIONERS & FRIENDS OF ST. PATRICK’S AND ST. JOHN BOSCO PARISHES
I begin by welcoming all parishioners and friends of St. Patrick’s and St. John Bosco Parishes to the “in person” celebration of Eucharist and other personal and liturgical prayer. We have moved to Level 2 of the Covid 19 restrictions. Churches are now permitted to open their doors with strict adherence to certain guidelines provided by the Government, Medical and Archdiocesan officials. We will adhere to the following procedures.
- OPENING DOORS: The Church doors of St. Patrick’s and St John Bosco are tentatively scheduled to reopen on the first weekend of July (July 4/5). Doors will be opened 30 MINUTES before weekend Masses for REGISTRATION PURPOSES.
- RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED: All gatherings including Mass are restricted to 50 people.
- REGISTRATION: You must PRE-REGISTER to participate at WEEKEND MASSES by calling the Parish Office (754-1195) Wednesday to Friday from 9 am – 12 Noon. You will need to provide your name, your address, and your phone number for Covid 19 tracing purposes. According to regulations this information will be kept for two weeks and then discarded.
- ONE MASS: You may register ONLY for one weekend Mass PER WEEK.
Mass Times are as follows:
St. Patrick’s – Saturday @ 4:00 PM Sunday @ 10:15 AM and 7:00 PM
ST JOHN BOSCO: Saturday 5:30 pm
- WEEKDAY SUMMER MASS SCHEDULE: Tuesday – Friday 10 am. Weekday Schedule will commence Tuesday July 7, 2020 at 10 am and will be celebrated in the main church to maintain physical distancing.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: At all times, a minimum of 6 feet distance between people is mandatory. That includes parking lots, the exterior of the Church (lineup to enter etc.) and the interior.
- SEATING: Those who attend MUST SIT 6 feet apart according to physical distancing regulations. Pews are clearly marked and an usher will direct you to your seat.
- FAMILY SEATING: Families may sit together in a pew (limit 4 per family). The number is limited to give others a chance to attend.
- HAND SANITIZING: a. Necessary upon entry to the Church, b. Before receiving Communion c. Before leaving Church
- FACE MASKS: It is RECOMMENDED that you wear a face mask during the celebration of Mass. Masks will not be provided. Please bring your own mask if you intend to wear one.
- NO SINGING: Congregational singing is not permitted during Mass. There will be a cantor (singer) who will maintain a space of 10 feet from the Congregation. CONGREGATION PLEASE DO NOT SING ALONG.
- COMMUNION: Holy Communion will be distributed BY THE PRIEST (ON THE HAND ONLY) The Archbishop has approved this guideline for use in parishes. PLEASE DO NOT PRESENT YOURSELF FOR COMMUNION ON THE TONGUE. PROCEDURE: Individual line in the Center Aisle / Communion on the hand / Receive then move aside and consume the Sacred Host / If wearing a mask – do the same – receive – move aside – remove mask – and then consume.
- COLLECTION: There will be baskets by the entrance to the Church in which to place your Sunday Offering. Collection at the regular Offertory time IS NOT PERMITTED.
- WASHROOMS: Emergency use only. The washrooms will be locked. If you have an emergency and need to use the washroom, the Coordinator for the Mass will have a key to allow access. ONE PERSON AT A TIME IN THE WASHROOM. These restrictions are for sanitizing purposes.
- BULLETINS: Will be posted online. We may begin distribution of paper copies in the future.
- ST. PATRICK’S CHURCH DOORS OPEN DAILY: For the time being, St. Patrick’s Church doors will be open for private prayer from 9 am – 12 noon Monday to Friday. A LOG BOOK will be at the entrance. You MUST put down your name, address, phone number, and time of entry and exit in that LOG BOOK for tracing purposes. This is a Government and Medical requirement. ALSO, THE MAIN BODY OF THE CHURCH WILL BE ROPED OFF WITH ONLY THE AREA IMMEDIATELY IN FRONT OF THE TABERNACLE ACCESSIBLE FOR PERSONAL PRAYER. PLEASE DO NOT GO BEYOND THAT IMMEDIATE AREA. This is critical for sanitizing purposes. Close monitoring of the Church will take place to ensure these guidelines are strictly adhered to. Any departure from these guidelines will mean the Church will be closed again.
THERE WILL BE USHERS TO ANSWER OTHER QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. AS WE OPEN THE DOORS OF OUR CHURCHES, I EXPRESS SINCERE AND HEARTFELT GRATITUDE TO ALL PARISHIONERS AND FRIENDS FOR THE COURAGEOUS WAY WE HAVE FACED THESE DIFFICULT DAYS OF THE PANDEMIC. WE NEED TO EXERCISE CAUTION AND CARE AS WE MOVE FORWARD. MAINTAIN PHYSICAL DISTANCING. AND ALTHOUGH THE NATURAL WAY TO ACT IS BY STRETCHING OUT A HAND OF WELCOME AND HELLO, PLEASE RESIST THAT NATURAL INCLINATION. WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER – AT A SAFE DISTANCE!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THE COMING WEEKS.